Domestic waste that cannot be classified in any other of the following categories should go in the garbage bin. The bin should be at the road the day before the collection only. Please consult our waste collection calendar by downloading here

Regulation respecting municipal services for the removal and disposal of domestic waste and recyclable materials


In order to facilitate the recycling task, we now offer more convenient lid for the recycling bin. Please consult our collection and accepted material calendar  by downloading the joined files.


AGRICULtural plastics

The development of a solution for agricultural plastic is underway. We will send you more information on the subject shortly. To follow the evolution of this file, we invite you to consult the Agrirécup site. You can find the link below.



The municipality puts at your disposal, bins for the composting of your organic rebuses. You would like to get yours, or lack space in your first that was provided to you? Contact us!


The RCM of Haut-Saint-Laurent proposes 4 days of deposit of toxic and dangerous materials per year. The dates, the places of collection as well as the information on the products which are admitted are detailed in the attached document.

Fluorescent bulbs

These bulbs contain mercury, do not put them in your usual recycling or garbage bins! Municipal office as well as the postal office are a drop off points for the fluorescent bulbs recovery program.



The Municipal office as well as the post office are a drop-off points for the battery recovery program. 


paints and oils

The municipality puts at the disposal of its citizens two recycling bins for used paints and dyes. It is also possible to deposit oils and aerosols in the darkest bin. We are not available to welcome you? Deposit your materials to be collected on the top of the bins and our employees will arrange to sort them in the appropriate bins.


Rods and other small items of metal can go into the recycling bin. Sheet metal, scrap metal and other large metal objects must be disposed of in an appropriate sorting center.

In the region, metal recovery centers buy this type of rebuse.


Tires under 30 '' are FREE to dispose of at the Valleyfield Ecocentre for any citizen of Quebec. Please note that they can not be put on the road for domestic collection, nor can they be abandoned in the environment or stored without a permit.

electronic materials

The municipality is affiliated with the Electronic Materials Recovery Association (EMRA). You can dispose of your old appliances by bringing them to the municipal office during our business hours.


construction waste

The Valleyfield Ecocentre is now accepting construction waste from the population of Haut-Saint-Laurent for costs to be paid on site. For more information please refer to the attached document.


©2019 by Municipalité du Canton de Dundee.